Calcifert granulated lime is proven to neutralise soil acidity
Calcifert granulated lime can be applied year-round using conventional farm equipment and is a cost-effective way to control soil pH.
Made from fine limestone flour combined with a water-soluble organic binder, Calcifert Lime consists of hard granules of between 2 and 5mm in diameter, produced in the UK from 100% British limestone, mined in the Peak District. It is suitable for use on all farms, including organic systems, forestry and horticultural use and is suitable for all crops including grassland, cereals, fruit, oilseed rape and even hops. Read the full product specification.
Monitoring the pH of your soil is key to improving crop performance, as low soil pH will reduce crop growth and ultimately yield. Calcifert is proven to quickly raise and then sustain soil pH at a range of soil depths, as our trial carried out at Tiln Farm in Nottinghamshire shows.
Calcifert Lime Benefits
Calcifert has many significant benefits over conventional lime. The biggest benefit to farmers is that Calcifert doesn’t need to be applied by specialist contractors – it can be applied by you, using conventional farm fertiliser spreading equipment.
Calcifert Lime's benefits include:
- Limestone granules of a regular size and shape ensure an even spread and rapid uptake
- Easy spreading with conventional farm spreaders reducing the need for expensive specialist contractors
- Can be spread at any time of the year and with other fertilisers
- Can be applied on bare ground or to growing crops, unlike conventional lime
- A cost-effective option thanks to lower application rates than conventional lime
- Approved for organic farming
- Can be used to spot treat ground - making it economical for treating small areas
- Can be applied in bout widths up to 36 metres
- Safe to use: non-toxic and non-hazardous
- Creates significantly less dust than conventional lime.
- Agricultural Lime Association assured under the AQS (AgLime Quality Standard).
As well being supplied in standard 600kg bags, Calcifert Lime is also available in 25kg bags, ideal for amenity horticulture and turf growers. 25kg bags can be purchased through our supplier, Rootwise. A minimum order of 500kg applies.
Information on Calcifert Lime is available in several languages - click on the flags below for a translated copy of our Calcifert Lime leaflet.
Calcifert Lime FAQs
How much do I apply?Calcifert Lime application rates are lower than conventional lime making it a cost-effective alternative. How much you apply will depend on your soil type, acid levels and crop. Please contact us for more guidance on specific rates or view our application rates chart.
When is the best time to apply Calcifert Lime?
Calcifert Lime can be applied all year round. Applying Calcifert Lime before wet weather will increase the speed at which is reacts with the soil.
How soon after spreading can I put animals back to graze?
Animals can be put back to graze on treated land immediately. Calcifert Lime is not harmful to animals.
How much will it cost?
Calcifert Lime is sold through merchants and distributors across the UK and Ireland. Please contact your local stockist for more information on pricing.
How do I store Calcifert Lime?
Calcifert Lime should be stored under cover in a dry place. For guidance on the secure storage of Calcifert Lime and other fertilisers, please click here.